To minimize the high rate of SME business failure by injecting three key support elements: Money, Management and Marketing, within a network of business platforms that comprise a closed loop business ecosystem. Our ecosystem platform design will provide greater value, safety and sustainable returns to our portfolio companies and our investors, and a facile framework for active participation in an equitable, ethical world economy.
MoneyPhysicians, Inc., Inc. was incorporated in 2011 in the state of Delaware by founder Erick J. Alexander, an entrepreneur with more than 30 years of experience in financial services, business consulting, and investment banking. Alexander saw the financial crisis and markets collapse of 2008 as a catalyst for creating a new paradigm to assist SME's and entrepreneurs with lean and transformative funding, marketing, and management. We decided to focus on opportunities where we can not only invest, but apply our operating and transformative resources to enhance value.
MoneyPhysicians gathered a number of small businesses in need of help. We formed a team of partner-providers in order to test potential solutions to deliver an efficient environment for nurturing enterprises seeking growth. The results were very promising and prompted us to formulate the current business model: a business ecosystem approach. In working with small and medium size companies in order to get a better understanding of the cause of business failures, we concluded that money alone is not the answer. Thirty three percent or less of venture or angel-backed firms show return on investment.
It has taken three years to refine the model, establish relationships with potential partner providers, identify and test proper tools and technology, research and select the chosen vertical markets, and build our internal team. During that period, we have reviewed hundreds of business plans and interviewed hundreds of entrepreneurs and business owners who want to participate in the MoneyPhysicians ecosystem.
The Company has signed agreements with 14 SME's who have agreed to give majority stake to MoneyPhysicians in exchange for MPI's stocks. Stocks are to be converted to cash upon funding. MoneyPhysicians has a pipeline of more than 30 companies that are at various stages of the qualifying and due diligence process.
The Company continues to develop as we work mostly virtually, with the concentration of team members' presence in New York, Washington DC Metro and California. This ensures that the Company's fixed overhead expenses are kept to a minimum. Details of the Company's proposed operations are further defined within the Notes to Pro Forma Financial Projections contained within Exhibit A.
To attain its vision, the Company will pursue the following primary strategic goals:
- To become the leading private investment player in the SME market and the dominant force in its capital formation segment.
- To build MoneyPhysicians, Inc. into an industry-recognized brand that is synonymous with efficient and safe investments that result in premium exits
- To build a corporate organization that can fully exploit the inefficiencies of the venture capital industry to achieve market dominance.
- To build a state-of-the-art technology platform that is scalable to the needs of the US and International SME markets.
- To solidify the relationship of the talent pool of the portfolio companies by the creation of the "Ecosystem BrainTrust" composed of members of C-suites.
- To build a friendly, caring, collaborative, and supportive working environment that everyone can be proud of.
- To expand access to capital for SME's through WealthGate, our equity Crowdfunding Portal.
- To achieve a portfolio valuation of two billion dollars by the year 2017.